Saturday, March 14, 2009

My India Trip

I have been debating for a month whether I should go to India for campaigning for Lok Satta party. I am not really well settled and I live on salary. My family does not like my association with any political cause. I am just inches away from my promotion. I have recently moved to new project. I also talked to one Lok satta leader, and he discouraged me with some valid reasons. What impact you could create and who will listen to you? Perhaps you could donate that money equivalent to your travelling expenses and may be we could win one seat etc.

Yet I made a call to take break for two months. I convinced my family by saying if Dr. JP can work for more than ten years for society, why can not I spend a month or two for noble cause. I noticed several people talking online but not volunteering or donating in the time of the need. I could motivate at least few of them to come to field by being an example. I can at least silence the people who criticize. Moreover my company is one of the best companies. If I can not afford time off, how can I expect other people take action in this bad economy? There is also pride and fun factor in volunteering for Lok Satta.

1 comment: