Saturday, March 21, 2009

My first public speech

Our train did not reach Nellore in time. Moreover we had planned for a road show in Nellore. More than 200 people were waiting at station, but they still wanted to do a shortened road show. I had talked to Sridhar garu, president of Lok Satta Nellore unit. He allocated three minutes time for me, and so I decided to skip the show and reach the stage directly. There were already two speakers ahead of me. By the time I got chance, I heard the noise from JP's procession coming along. Anchor requested me to complete in one minute. I started with my introduction as person from Nellore, information about train journey and request to Nellore people to wake up for the occasion like they did during Tikkana's time and also during Potti Sriramulu time. The speech was not up to my satisfaction, but I am happy that I communicated what I wanted to. After I concluded, two dancers rushed to dias for performing 'Lok Satta Janam Balam' song as invitation to Dr. Jayprakash Narayan.

No comments:

Post a Comment