Monday, March 16, 2009

First day at Lok Satta office

Around 11 A.M., I went to Lok Satta office and asked for Karthick Chandra at reception. Karthick manages entire backend and office activities. I had communicated with him over emails in the past.

Karthick garu(!) welcomed me warmly and asked me to wait, as he has some meeting to attend. He sent Uday to give me company after 10 minutes. Mr. Karthick later introduced me to many people at office. I met many people with whom I had interacted at one point of time or other.

Mr. Uday: Lok Satta you tube and web problems.
Mr. Subbu: Lok Satta call center and communication.
Mr. Mouli: One of the reliable secretary of Dr. JP.
Mr. Ganesh: Finance co-ordination.

I told about my volunteering plans preferably in my home town. I met few other people at Lunch. I was feeling little shy and one person approached me and introduced himself. Later I came to know his background. Ramu garu is one of the Lok Satta executive board members. He is very active but simple person.

Dr. JP's office and lobby were fully crowded all the day. I did not know that he was accessible to people like this. I finally got opportunity to meet Dr. JP at 4PM. I explained him my background and plan for a minute. He asked me what I wanted to do. I proposed two things, a. Campaign management in Nellore or b. touring along with artists and singers spreading Lok Satta. He told that we need more help in hyd and main office itself, since most active volunteers were working now in other constituencies. Overall I spent less than five minutes with JP garu, as there were other people waiting for him.

Dr. JP called Kiran garu and asked him to guide me and use my help. Kiran Kumar was like campaign manager from head office. He is an engineer and some small scale enterpriser. He took time off for few months and have been helping in Lok Satta activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment